Areas of Practice
- University of Alberta, Bachelor of Arts (Sociology/Economics), 1989
- University of Alberta, Bachelor of Laws, 1992
Richard Smith is a partner at Stillman LLP. He carries on a practice focused in litigation, and primarily in the area of family law. He is a valuable resource for a variety of the firm’s litigation lawyers and is the firm’s senior litigator. He has experience advocating on behalf of his client’s at all levels of court in the province. As an articling student, Mr. Smith was successful in the Alberta Court of Appeal. Since that time he has worked diligently to develop a practice that is focused on representing the needs of his clients through a variety of emotionally difficult and legally complex situations.
- Lecturer, Parenting after Separation Course (2001 to 2004)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Completed Intensive Trial Advocacy Workshop (May 17-23, 1998)